Pretty and Petite
“Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.”
Petite women usually stand 5’3″ or under. You want to have the same sexiness, sense of fashion, and sophistication that your taller friends have. You always want to elevate your look!
Rules for petite girls:
1. Horizontal lines make you appear shorter.
2. Bright belts cut you in half making you appear shorter.
3. Avoid wearing clothes at your natural waistline.
4. Lower the waist line giving your torso a longer and narrower look.
5. Heels are mandatory when wearing skirts.
6. Avoid full skirts that hit anywhere below the knee.
7. Avoid big shoulder pads and overly tailored clothes.
8. Pick a medium height heel. You don’t wanna look like you are trying too hard.
9. Remember short and wide are never good when trying to add height.
10. Buy European cuts; they run smaller.
11. One color head to toe will add height.
12. Find a tailor.
Here are some articles of clothing you can wear:
Drop-waist trousers, skirts, and dresses
Skinny sleeves are the most flattering when set in a high armhole
Slim cropped ankle pants
Dresses rather than separates
Empire waist lines
Skirts rather than trousers
Soft lines and fluid fabrics
V and scoop neck lines
A-line, pencil, and knee length skirts
Princess and single-breasted coats
Seriously, how cute is Kristin Chenoweth? She gives her legs the elongated look they need by popping bright red in the pants and pairing a shirt that hits the hips.
I love this look! The horizontal stripes all the way down actually make the body appear longer!